[SCA-BMDL] Regional fight practice

Cara & Char caram at pitt.edu
Mon Oct 26 21:59:36 EDT 2009

We are forwarding this invitation from our neighbors to the southwest,
hoping that all fighters will attend.
We also would ask of the thrown weapons community:  shall we make a showing
here, or keep practice local?

--Byron and Ariella

The Incipient Shire of Ballachlagan invite one and all to an impromptu
regional
fighter practice on Sunday, November 1st.

Practice will start approximately at 12:00 noon and will run until 6:00 p.m
(Rain, shine, or snow). Our facility can accomodate both heavy and light
fighters. Unfortunately we cannot do archery in city limits. If there is a
thrown weapons marshal out there who would like to set up shop for the day,
contact AElric Ravenshaw at Archais at ....

Shire members will provide a pot luck non-period lunch, however, everyone is
welcomed to bring a covered dish. If this doesn't meet your palate, there is
plaza only a block away with Burger King, Subway, Pizza shops, and a Chinese
Buffet.

The site is Warwood School, in Wheeling, WV

Directions: Make your best route to I-70 and head to Wheeling, WV.

>From the east: Make sure you are in the right hand lane before entering the
tunnels. Turn right immediately at the end of the tunnel and continue
straight
(this is WV Rt2/Main st). You will come to a community called Warwood (WV Rt
2/
now becomes Warwood Ave), continue until you get to the Kroger Plaza. Turn
left
onto Viking Dr.

>From the west: Take the Wheeling Exit off the Fort Henry Bridge. Get in the
far
left lane. Take a left at the first light and maneuver into the right hand
lane. At the next right (now on Market St.) make another left and head
towards
Weirton, WV on Rt. 2. Turn left on 7th St at the stop light. Then make a
right
onto WV Rt2/Main St. You will come to a community called Warwood (WV Rt 2/
now
becomes Warwood Ave), continue until you get to the Kroger Plaza. Turn left
onto Viking Dr. The school is right behind the plaza, park in the lower lot.