[SCA-BMDL] Agincourt changes

Shawn MacIntyre medicmacintyre15219 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 11 22:41:37 EDT 2009

Warm Greetings to All!

I would like to pass along some information about some of the changes to Agincourt this year.

First: there will be no target archery this year. As much as I hate not having target archery as part of the event, the constraints of the site make it impossible to safely have target archery and fighting. There will still be combat archery in all battles. Details of the battles will be forthcoming from the Marshall - In - Charge.

Second: Carpooling is STRONGLY encouraged, there is very limited parking at the event site. There are several areas near the site to park and ride with others into the site, and communication with your friends to arrange rides is strongly encouraged.

Nearby Park and Ride Locations:

1) Route 910 @ Mingo Road (Rite aid Parking Lot) - If you use this location Please park in the area furthest from the store to allow for customer use.

2) Interstate 79 North/ Mt. Nebo Road exit (Exit 68)- If you are traveling from points south of Pittsburgh take the Mount Nebo Road exit, turn right on Mount Nebo Road and make the immediate Right into the Park and Ride Lot. (This lot is often patrolled by Ohio Twp and PA State Police, so it it very safe). This is just a few exits south of the Route 910 exit.

Finally, Calling all Bards, Heralds and those who Aspire to Inspire! In between battles and bouts we would love to have to have an Inspire the Troops competition. So bring along your greatest speaches, poems and songs to encourage our fighters to fight for and win the day!

I look forward to seeing you all. As a reminder, please pre-register for the event by Saturday October 17, 2009. Feast will be limited to 60 people.

In Service

Liam MacanTsaoir