[SCA-BMDL] My Latest Show: The Medium

David Svoboda svoboda at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Oct 9 16:53:38 EDT 2009

Hello, everyone! Here's the details about my latest show.

This is a spooky phantasmaganza, featuring a 1-hour opera: _The
Medium_, by Gian Carlo Menotti (who also composed _Amahl & the Night
Visitors_). You can read about the show's plot on Wikipedia, just
search for "The Medium". The opera is completely in English.

There will also be a medley of 'scary' arias, trios, and art-songs
before the opera. Among them, I will be singing Schubert's _Der
Erlkonig_,...I bet a lot of you know the melody to this notorious
lieder even if you don't know you know it  ;)

The performances are Friday 10/30, Saturday 10/31, Sunday 11/1 at 8pm
at the Waldorf School Auditorium in Bloomfield. More details are
available at www.undercroftopera.org. Tickets are $15 apiece, or $10
for students & seniors.  And if you come in costume, we'll dock $1 off
your price >:D

--
David Svoboda <svoboda at cert.org>
Software Security Engineer