[SCA-BMDL] Harlech castle event

Cara & Char charb at consolidated.net
Sun May 31 11:52:12 EDT 2009

Greetings!  Thanks to all who came to enjoy the Siege of Harlech Castle yesterday!  The weather was perfect and we were blessed with hardworking, calm, skilled help for creating the event.  Gentles came from the far corners of our region, representing 5 different kingdoms, including His Royal Highness Henri and Her Royal Highness Elena, and His Highness Nigel of Ealdormere.

First, thanks to our Head Cooks, Urho Waltterinen and William Parris, and their dedicated kitchen staff for their delicious and plentiful sideboard.  Additionally, these gentles did a fantastic job: Cecily of Whitehaven and Anna Malakina for being the Parking Marshalls, Sir Alonzio and Gabriel Hawkes for being our Marshalls in Charge, Esa Baird and Aileen for being the Mistresses of the Lists, Catriona and Alaric for running Troll (and Renata la Rouge for helping), Alastar for running the ovens and baking downstairs, Mistress Gabrielle and Edmundo da Monreale for entertaining with stories and harp, Aibell ingen Chernachain for Children's Activities, Zoe Akropolitina for Youth Marshalling, Constance for being Chirurgeon, Sol la Cantor for photographs and harp, Hildarun Hugelmann for running the bake sale, Master Dani for taking reservations, The Debatable Choir for their fine performance, and Leah and Paige for folding and assembling event flyers.  The clean up crew who generously stayed until all was cleaned up included Urho, William, Alastar and Myfawnwy, Elss, Maggie, and Muirgheal.  And of course, no SCA event can run smoothly without the constant assistance, in matters large and small, of many other good gentles who took of their own time to help others.  Thank you so much for all your help - you made the event fun and successful for everyone!
Yours in Service,
Byron and Ariella