[SCA-BMDL] The Events...of... THE FUTURE!

Krista Traini hildasca at hotmail.com
Sat May 30 08:21:19 EDT 2009

Hello!

The Kingdom Seneschale announced over the Aethelmearc list that they have no bids for Aethelmearc 12th Night 2010 or Coronation.  12th Night is supposed to be in Region 1, but they will open it to other regions, including ours (Region 2) if they get no bids from Region 1 (WV).  If anyone here in the BMDL would like to bid these events with a BMDL backing/sponsorship, please submit your bid at the upcoming Officers Meeting on Wednesday (8pm, Porter Hall A18C, on CMU's campus).  For these Kingdom events, you'd then submit the bid to the Kingdom after it was appoved by the local officers.

Also, Spring Crown Tourney 2010 is due to be held in our region.  I would greatly encourage a Debatable Lands bid for that, as we have not had a Kingdom event here in quite a while.  Good Gentles, please consider autocratting Spring Crown next year.  Our fair Barony shines with much talent, and it's time again to display it to the whole Kingdom! The ideal time to put in a bid for that would be late summer this year.  Early fall would work, too.

The Kingdom Event Planning Resources page, including a link to the BMDL autocrats' handbook by Vrouwe Odriana, is here: http://www.aethelmearc.org/eventplanning/ .

I also look forward to seeing bids for local-themed events (nice arts-themed February event, anyone?).  If you've never autocratted before and would like to, but are not sure how to start, let me know, and I can put you in touch with a mentor.

 With fondness,
~Hilda, Exchequer