[SCA-BMDL] Kitchen Help fro the Siege at Harlech Castle

crossbow1953 crossbow1953 at earthlink.net
Sun May 24 08:41:37 EDT 2009

To all the Kitchen Help Volunteers...

The Siege is less than a week away and William and I wanted to thank everyone who has volunteered. Due to a computer crash last month, I've lost the emails from people who have told me that they would help, so we'll just plan to organize ourselves that day.

The biggest project will be chopping. The soups and salads will all require knifing skills to cut up meat and vegetables. Anyone who is safe with a knife is welcome to help with that. I recommend that you bring your favorite knife and a cutting board to insure that we have enough tools for everyone.

We also can use some breadmakers. I'm planning to make muffins for breakfast and some some facoccia duing the day, so we will knead (sorry, couldn't help myself) need some bread mushers and oven watchers. I will be baking a lot of bread the day before, but some warm stuff will be welcomed.

We'll be getting to the castle early in the morning to get the truck unloaded and the day started.

Remember --- SAFETY MATTERS!!!

Thanks once again to everyone.

Urho Waltterinen
William Parris