[SCA-BMDL] Upcoming Siege of Harlech Castle II Event Details

Cara & Char charb at consolidated.net
Mon May 11 23:00:54 EDT 2009

Greetings Good Gentles!  We wish to make all aware of details of the Siege of Harlech Castle II, which will take place Saturday, May 30th, in just under 3 weeks time.  Photos of last year's event can be seen from a link to Darter's website from our website: www.pitt.edu/~caram/harlech.htm.  Overall Schedule:
10am       Site opens
10am       Armor inspections/Tourney sign up opens
12noon    Heavy Weapons Tourney starts
~1:30pm  Combat Archery Competition starts
               Bridge-style Woods Battle
~2pm         Storytelling by Mistress Gabrielle and Lord Edmundo
               Children's Activities
3:30pm    Two-man Spear Bear Pit Tourney on Drawbridge
~4pm       Lord Morien's Combat Archery Discussion/Class
                Filet Mignon Raffle
~6pm        Sideboard closes
8pm          Site Closes

Unlike traditional sieges, those within the castle shall be exceedingly well fed!  THL Urho Walterrinen and Lord William Parris are preparing a sumptuous sideboard with the menu as follows:
Morning: Rolls with Jam and Honey
Lunch:  Minestrone, Lentil and spinach soup, Bread salad, Bean salad
Afternoon: bread and various spreads, salsa and bruschetta, Chinese pickles, crackers
Dinner: Braised Eye of Round Steaks, Grilled Chicken Breasts, Veggie Paella

They will have ingredients labeled near all dishes, but please contact them with any dietary concerns at crossbow1953 at earthlink.net

THL Urho is also donating two succulent filet mignon steaks to be raffled off and cooked to the winners' specifications on site!
There will be an ongoing bake sale during the day as a fundraiser for the Office of the Silver Buccle Herald; donations are welcome!

Please send reservations to Master Dani of the Seven Wells (mka Dani Zweig) at 1767 Beechwood Blvd, Pittsburgh PA 15217.  Reserve early as sideboard is capped at 120 gentles and we had many more than that attend last year!  Heed the parking marshall and please carpool if possible since parking is limited.  This is a free event but donations are most welcome and so is participation in the two delicious fundraisers.  Please send comments and questions to us at caram at pitt.edu or 724 933-4661.

Yours In Service,
Byron and Ariella, Autocrats