[SCA-BMDL] Mi no Hi Sewing

Larry & Colleen Kardasz kardasl+ at pitt.edu
Mon Jan 19 14:03:19 EST 2009

Hello,

Because of the great response we have had for the Japanese sewing, we are
going to have it at the Economy Grange, no street address, but use the
church next door, 2800 Conway Wallrose Road, Baden PA 15005, for the map
program address.  We will be sewing on Sunday Jan, 25 starting about 11am.
 There is no furnace at the grange right now, but we do have heaters,
still dress warm.

Some have offered to bring sewing machines, if you would like, that would
be great.  Other things, scissors, pins, straight edge ruler and chalk
will be helpful.  For material, a kosode (basic shirt) 3 yards should be
good, and for hakama (pants) about 5 yards.  Solid, or small repeating
patterns and/or small geometric shapes work best.  Cotton, linen or silk,
but I would suggest for beginning cotton or linen.  The quilting
department at JoAnn's does have some good prints.

As with most things, food is welcome, and if people so want, we can make
it a pot luck type thing and sew into the evening.  BYOB.

Any other questions, please let me know.

Alessandra

--
"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'." -- Dave
Barry