[SCA-BMDL] Slightly OT: medieval concert and Shakespeare in the Park

myfanwy at nauticom.net myfanwy at nauticom.net
Mon Aug 31 09:57:43 EDT 2009

Greetings from Myfanwy!
There are a couple of things coming up that I thought people might be
interested in.  They were listed in the TO DO section in yesterday's
_Post-Gazette_.
One is a concert on Friday at the Frick, down in Point Breeze, by a group
called "Mediaeval Babes"; the blurb in the paper described it as "their
unique mix of medieval poetry and medieval-sounding original songs".  The
concert is at 7 pm, with a suggested donation of $5, children free.  (The
article didn't give the address, but IIRC the Frick entrance is on
Reynolds St., across from Frick Park).  Apparently there is a regular
series of concerts there ("First Fridays at the Frick").
The other is a presentation of "Love's Labour's Lost".  The schedule of
performances are:
     this Saturday and Sunday near the Blue Slide Playground in Frick Park
     next Saturday & Sunday (Sept. 12 & 13) in Mellon Park
     Sept. 19 and 20 at Kennard Park in the Hill District
     the last weekend of September back in Frick Park.
All performances are 2 pm, rain or shine, and are free (donations are said
to be encouraged).  The blurb says "The audience should expect to be a
part of the action and move about in the parks, as the actors rove to
different settings appropriate to each scene."
I don't have more information other than what was given in the paper for
the concert, but people can probably Google "Frick Art and Historical
Center".
Information about the play performances can be found at
     www.pittsburghshakespeare.com
which I hope will include maps/locations.
Lady Myfanwy ferch Rhiannon
Ruth Morrisson
myfanwy at nauticom.net