[SCA-BMDL] BMDL Barony Meeting Wednesday September 10

Helewys helewys at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 03:10:34 EDT 2008

I propose that we have a demo of sorts on Wednesday evening and
actually entertain folks instead of boring them.

Short (5 - 10 minutes) demonstrations of some of our more popular
social activities.

We could have a fencing and heavy demonstration, a short simple
English Country dance, a short performance by the choir or ii Genesii.
We could also set up a table or two for A&S display, in the middle of
the hall as folks walk in so that it can be seen right away, get them
hooked when they walk in the door! Guilds and other activities can be
represented on the A&S table, so that if someone is interested in
something we can point them in the right direction.

Unfortunately, I don't have time between now and next Wednesday to
make flyers and post them up. Clemente and I are celebrating our 8th
anniversary this weekend and the beginning of my week (Monday and
Tuesday) are quite full with work and other things. If anyone is
willing to do this, please let me know. I have a budget for
photocopies so it doesn't have to be out of your pocket either.

Don't look at the time stamp either, I can't sleep right now.