[SCA-BMDL] Thank You from the Head Cook at Agincourt

Jenn Strobel jenn.strobel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 20:00:10 EDT 2008

To the subjects of the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands does
Odriana vander Brugghe bid good greetings on this chill day in
October.

There were a number of talented, kind individuals that volunteered to
assist me in bringing my vision into reality.  I would like to
especially thank Elss of Augsburg who came to my home to help with
pre-cooking more than once (twice, even), helped with processing a
case of chickens the night before the event, and then spent a
significant portion of her day at the event helping to cook.

I also would like to thank Sophie Davenport for helping to process a
case of chickens the night before the event and for sticking her head
into the kitchen to make sure that I was hydrated and nourished the
day of the event.

Mistress Caitlyn fitzRobert, Lady Rua MacAoidh, and Lady Sarab bint
Alima also chose to spend their entire day in the kitchen.  I am
without words to convey my gratitude to these ladies for being the
backbone of the kitchen throughout the day.

Sandy, my Ace Dishwasher, kept us caught up with dishes all day and
deserves special recognition.  Often dishwashing is overlooked, but
without someone keeping things washed and ready to use, you can end up
with delays in the kitchen that negatively affect the timing.  Sandy
prevented that from ever being an issue.

Master Creador Twinedragon, Melodia Beaupel, Pavel, and Ernine ingen
duib Dara lent their significant talents to the kitchen.  Ernine gets
special recognition for the awesome backrub that she administered to
me later in the day, when it was really necessary.

Thank you to my two youngest helpers: Alissa and Alethea.

Thank you to Lord Deryck Archer, Lilias, Maggie, Analeigh, and Tadhg
O'Neill for washing dishes at the end of the day and for helping with
kitchen clean-up.

Thank you to Lord Kieran MacRae, who loaded the larder into his truck
to help me get things home.

Thank you to all of those gentles who stopped by the kitchen to ask if
we needed extra hands. Your willingness is appreciated and blessedly
part of the embarrassment of riches that we have in the Barony.

Another special thank you to Melodia Beaupel for keeping such a good
eye on Alethea all day while I worked in the kitchen and her father
attended an Alumni event.  Without the support of this fine lady, this
entire event would have been nearly impossible.

If there is anyone that I have forgotten, it is due to my not having
written it down immediately and not remembering later.  Please drop me
a line so that I may beg your forgiveness and thank you publicly.

Written this twenty-seventh day of October, in the north hills of the
Barony March of the Debatable Lands in the year two thousand and
eight.

OVB