[SCA-BMDL] Cooks & Bards official announcement

Michael B. Greenstein greenstein at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 13 23:21:41 EDT 2008

Greetings from the staff of the upcoming Known World Bardic Congress and Cooks Collegium (November 7-10).  Please feel free to forward this announcement wherever you think it may serve.

In our tireless effort to make your life better and better, here is more information pertaining to the event:

CLASSES: Within the next few days we will post the list of confirmed classes, adding additional listings as we confirm them.  Check the event website at www.cooksandbards.aethelmearc.org. Remember: class registration deadline is October 17.  It looks like we are going to have a very full and diverse program!

LIBRARY: The event will offer dedicated space for a reference library (including scanner, printer and inkjet photocopier), stewarded by a professional librarian, and shortly there will be a more detailed announcement on the subject.  Meanwhile, what we need from you is resources; if you have personal works or recipes that you would like to make available, reference books, audio recordings or other materials, please consider taking some time to identify and gather what you would like to lend.  For those  with books and audio recordings to sell, consider lending a copy to the library, to entice your potential customers.  We anticipate posting a library "catalog" to the website in advance of the event, so please consider sending your list of items to kwcb-library AT andrew DOT cmu DOT edu.

PROCEEDINGS: The absolute deadline for submission of articles and class handouts for the event Proceedings is just around the corner (October 17).  You need not  be limited in your submissions to the classes that you are teaching at the event, nor do you have to teach at all, to submit material.   Also, since the Proceedings will be distributed on CD, they may include supplemental audio (mp3) and video (mpg) files.  Send all submissions to kwcb-proceedings AT andrew DOT cmu DOT edu.  Please consider contributing!

REGISTRATION: Pre-registrations will be accepted until October 31, 2008 (based on postmark).  Secure your seat at the feasts by getting your registration in on time.  Check the website at www.cooksandbards.aethelmearc.org for how to register.

Thank you all for your attention.  Come help us make this event one to talk about for years to come!  Feel free to direct your questions about the event to kwcb-info AT andrew DOT cmu DOT edu.