[SCA-BMDL] Do we need a monthly Althing?

Gretchen Beck grm at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri May 23 10:35:48 EDT 2008

--On Friday, May 23, 2008 7:28 AM -0700 Raven <hraefnn at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Personally, I like the idea of a quarterly newsletter
> that features more A&S content. It's long been the
> habit of chroniclers in this barony to gather material
> from the kingdom and barony lists.  Changing the
> Althing's focus to more educational articles might be
> what the Althing needs to differentiate itself and
> attract more readers.

I think this is an excellent idea (although I would expand to, perhaps,
bi-monthly if possible). The A&S articles can later be converted to
articles on the website, or indexed with links.

Personally, I only use the Althing these days when I have to look up
someone's phone number (and that's because I never got into the Dark Pages
habit). That said, I still like to look at the cover each month.  It would
be nice to have an archive of cover art available.

toodles, margaret