[SCA-BMDL] Do we need a monthly Althing?

Ann Kopchik amergina at mac.com
Thu May 22 20:26:41 EDT 2008

Two people have requested hard copies.

The minimum frequency any newsletter in the kingdom can be reduced to
is quarterly, as the newsletter is the local chronicler's report to
the kingdom chronicler. A chronicler is one of the offices required by
Kingdom law, so the office cannot entirely be replaced with a webscript.

Not all of the information contained in the Althing is also published
website, currently. While officer announcements could be published on
the website, I don't believe that the webminister is CCed on what the
officers send to me.

Out of Barony events are not published on the Barony website. Granted,
they are in the kingdom newsletter which members of SCA Inc. get every
month (but not all those who play in the Barony are members of SCA
Inc.), and you sometimes can find links to event announcements on the
AE website (but not always). Half the time, I get event announcements
by culling through posts on the AE list or by hunting down the
information on other groups websites.

If a pretty version of The Althing isn't wanted or is found to be
annoying by the populous, I can just produce something in text.

Or maybe just a list of links to information on the web so you can
make your build your own newsletter.

I'm open to suggestions.

-Ann