[SCA-BMDL] Regional Archery Practice - April 13th

Eugene Siren crossbow1953 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 23 11:05:29 EDT 2008

>From the Captain of Archers,

By the kind graces of their Excellencies, the Barony-Marche of the Debatable Lands will be leading a Regional Archery Practice for any and all archers who wish to attend.

The site is the Castle in Wexford.

The date is April 13th. This is the day after Aethelmearc Coronation. We will begin late morning and continue until the Baron and Baroness decide it's over. Come a bit early and help us set up. I will bring the loaner equipment if you have none of your own.

The primary mission is to continue shooting the Winter Challenge Rounds in which our Region is very well represented. This is the eight-round shoot with a variety of "different" targets. It's a difficult range, but worth effort. In addition, we will set up a separate training line for those gentles who would like some help in working on their archery skills. There may also be a few novelty targets for us to fire upon.

Most of all, there will be a shoot from the castle turrets. I'm preparing a number of special targets just for that one.

While this is a regional shoot, it comes with an open invitation for anyone to attend. I ask that if you do attend, please bring a snack to share.

By special request of their Excellencies, we are to dress in garb. This will be one of the finest photo opportunities that the Barony will offer this year.

In service to the Barony-Marche,

Urho Waltterinen
mka Eugene Siren
(412) 247-4467
crossbow1953 at earthlink.net

"If sack and sugar be a fault, God help the wicked!