[SCA-BMDL] Children's Event announcement

Cara & Char charb at mail.connecttime.net
Sat Jun 28 10:46:48 EDT 2008

Greetings! This is forwarded by Her Excellencies' Request:
Children's Event-July 12th-Barony of Delftwood
Posted by: "DelftwoodBarony at aol.com" DelftwoodBarony at aol.com   robertsondana
Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:32 am (PDT)
Kind cousins....please forward this to your baronial email lists. We want to get the word out to as many families as possible!

Thank you!
Clarice

Families.....register now!? We have many great activities and crafts planned in addition to what is listed in the announcement, such as:

Soapmaking
Finger Crochet
Games (Board Style?and Other Types)
Sac Races
Cookie Decorating
....and still there is more!

The event announcement?follows for your convenience.

See you there!
Baroness Clarice Roan
Barony of Delftwood

Children of the Knowne Worlde unite! This event is dedicated to you! No standing on the sidelines and watching the adults play, it's your turn! There will be Youth Boffer, A&S, Heraldry and Bardic Competitions, as well as classes/activities for all ages! There will be a modest dayboard throughout the day, and no feast. AND, because they were SO WELL BEHAVED last year, under your direct supervision we will allow your parents and guardians to accompany you throughout the day.

Want to teach a class? No problem! Want to merchant? Can do! Just contact the autocrats. Autocrats: Baroness Clarice Roan (Dana Robertson), clariceroan at aol.com, 17 Huckleberry Lane, Liverpool, NY 13090, H: 315-622-8904, C: 315-532-1012 (no calls after 10pm) and Verederosa Dal Sol (Heather Holmes), hjholmes at gmail.com, 3949 Griffin Road, Syracuse, NY 13215, 315-214-3840 (no calls after 8 pm). Event opens at 10 a.m. and closes at 4 p.m. King Memorial Park, 4005 Split Rock Road, Camillus, NY 13031. (Pertinent Site rules: No Animals, No Glass Bottles, No Alcohol.)

Site fees for Adults: $6.00, Children 6-16: $4.00, Children under 5 are free. There is a family cap of $20.00 (Maximum of 2 adults per family for family cap). There will be a $3.00 non-member surcharge for all those over age 18 unable to show proof of membership at the door. Please make checks to "SCA Inc., Barony of Delftwood." Reservations should be mailed to "SCA Inc., Barony of Delftwood/P.O. Box 6694/Syracuse, NY 13217. Reserve and arrive early! Our site has a 100 person maximum capacity.

Directions:? From 81 N or S: Take 81 N or 81S to exit 17 S Salina/Brighton Ave. Follow signs for S Salina Street/US 11. Make a left onto S Salina/US 11. Turn right onto W Seneca Turnpike/ NY-173. Follow approx. 5 miles. Turn left onto Split Rock Road/CR-39. The park is on your left. Use the 2nd entrance for the parking lot near the pavilion.