[SCA-BMDL] Barony Meeting July 9

Douglas Wade Needham cinnion at ka8zrt.com
Mon Jul 7 17:39:13 EDT 2008

If you are up to a bit of a walk, I think the CMU parking garage (and
perhaps even the lots) are free by 5PM.

    http://www.cmu.edu/parking/visitors.html

Checking things out there and on the map shows that the best location
to park besides Frew and the East Garage is the Morewood lot just
across from Hamburg Hall.  It is P12 on:

    http://www.cmu.edu/homeimages/campus-map/CMU_MapColor_11x17.jpg

And from there, cross the street, walk between the CIC and Hamburg (4
and 10 on the above map), cut to the left into Newell-Simon (building
15), up the stairs in the atrium, across the walkway into Wean 4th
floor (building 30), and go up to the 5th floor, to go out onto the
Mall and on into Hamerschlag (building 11).  Yes, a bit complicated,
but between the lack of un-keyed accesses on the lower levels of
Hammerschlag and the Gates Center contstruction, it is the best access
for the public.

And while it may be attractive to park in P10, P11, P14 or P18,
the parking in P10 between the CIC and Hamburg is very extremely
limited, and the other lots are subject to ticketing/towing.  And
there may be off-hours parking in the lower levels of the CIC (P4),
but I know it is prime parking, and even those of us working at the
CIC find it expensive during the day.  Enough so that I rely on the
busses as much as possible.

- Cinnion

Quoting Cadell (owaru at myfamily.org):