[SCA-BMDL] Fw: Re: Chancellor Minor

Cara & Char caram at pitt.edu
Thu Feb 14 20:58:09 EST 2008

Further clarification from Aoife....
----- Original Message -----
From: "Aoife" <mtnlion at verizon.net>
To: "Cara & Char" <caram at pitt.edu>
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:22 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Chancellor Minor

No problem. Here are the answers:

>Last night at Barony meeting, there was some confusion about the rules.  I
>apologize for the continuing stream of emails, but I promised the Barony
>that I would clarify a couple of lingering issues with you.
>
>1)  Can an at-large Chancellor Minor hold youth activities even if there is
>no Baronial Chancellor Minor present at the event?

Yep. If there IS an elected CM, they take precedence, and are in charge of
the planning (just like an at-large heavy weps marshal).

>2)  Can an at-large Chancellor Minor hold youth activiities even if the
>position of Baronial Chancellor Minor is unfilled?

Sure. Not a problem. They still have to report, however.

>3)  Are at-large Chancellor Minor applications for warrants being delayed
>until all the Baronial Chancellor Minor applications are processed?

No. we are so starved for officers (ANY officers) that they are allgetting
equal treatment. If/when you guys elect someone (and it should be AFTER the
pass cards are recieved), the elected person is the local "organizer" and
the at-large becomes the back-up. I fyou never elect someone, then the
at-larges will have to work together, or at least be available for requests
of activities.

>4)  Does the warranted Chancellor Minor need to be the one "organizing" the
>youth activities, or can they "supervise" a non-warranted Barony member?

Sure. That works too. The Society rules are that there has to be a person
with a pass-card AND another adult--- unrelated and not living in the same
house as the pass-card adult---present. Aethelmearc rules are being changed
to add that the pass-card person has to have a warrant for kid's activities
(because Society is requiring reporting--a new thing for this office---and
that's the only way to know who ought to be reporting and enforce it).
Nothing says that the pass-card/warrant person has to do all the work--only
that they have to be present and assist supervising.  So if you have a
gung-ho volunteer with some terrific ideas, so long as they conform to the
other rules (see youth.aethelmearc.net for those guidelines), then you're
golden. Autocrats also must ASK for children's activities from the officers
(not just assume), and the organizers of those activities have the right to
limit the time frame, ask fora budget, alter the kid schedule to suit what
THEY want to do at the event, or to say no if it's not convenient.

One really important point--although youth fight and youth fence officers
will have pass cards, they can;t run the regular kids activities unless they
are ALSO Chancellor minors. There is no way to madate reports from people,
if I don't know who they are or how to get hold of them.

>Again, thank you for all your help in this process.

Thank you for stepping forward. I really appreciate it. There are an
alarmingly small number of folks in the kingdom who are willing to do so.

I passed your info along. Your applications will come in the mail sometime
soon--I believe hey are being mailed on the 15th (tomorrow).

Cheers

Aoife