[SCA-BMDL] OT - New Year's Eve open house

Michael B. Greenstein greenstein at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 28 09:16:02 EST 2008

This is just a reminder that you are welcome to join us on Wednesday for our New Year's Eve open house, any time from 1:00 p.m. on.

Don't let the "suggested dress" scare you away.  "Suggested" is NOT a euphemism for "mandatory."  Show up and have fun.

=== original invitation follows ===

It's happening again!

Greetings unto all, from Michael Greenstein and Cheryl Fattman [Michael Alewright and Katherine Sinclaire]!  Once again, we will open our home on December 31 (from 1:00 p.m. until the wee hours) to ring in the New Year amongst good company.

Like last year, we will provide dinner, a variety of munchies, and a selection of potables (both hard and soft).  You are welcome to contribute to the food and drink if you feel inclined, but we do not require it; your presence in our home is gift enough!  If you desire champagne, though, you are best advised to bring your own.

Associative Coolness applies.  Since you are cool enough to invite, anyone who *you* think is cool enough to invite is welcome.  For folks with allergies: we have three cats.

For those of you who will be arriving during the evening hours, the suggested dress is 'Black Tie Optional.'  Ladies, we know that you all have little black (or other colored) dresses that rarely get to see the light of day – well, dig them out of the back of the closet and give them some air!  Guys, we also know how much you hate to get dressed up, so wear whatever you like (hence, the 'optional' part), but any man who dons his spiffiest duds gets extra brownie points.  If you want to know what that means exactly, you'll have to show.

We also encourage all of you musically-inclined people to bring along your instruments.  We have two harps and a kazoo as loaners.

Need to crash?  We have an air mattress, some comfy couches, floor space, blankets and a couple spare pillows, and whatever you bring to sleep on (or in).  If you can let us know in advance, it would be helpful.

Our home is at 8012 Westmoreland Avenue in Swissvale, 15218 (use "Pittsburgh" for map programs and GPS units).  Look for the yellow brick house with the red and white porch, decorated with icicle lights.  We will be glad to provide more specific directions at need.

We hope that you will let us know that you are joining us, but what is life without a little spontanaity?