[SCA-BMDL] Greetings

Sir Koredono koredono at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 17:41:27 EDT 2008

On Aug 14, 2008, at 11:52 AM, William Huey wrote:

> Greetings to all good gentles in the Barony Marche of the Debatable
> Lands.  My name is Guillaume Jean-Pierre de Mortain (mka William Huey)
> and although I have been present within your borders for some 4 years
> now, I must admit that I have not been active at the local level.
> (I did attend Pennsics 33 and 37, a few events in Atlantia, the
> Outlands, and I believe Atenveld [estrella wars] over the past 4
> years).  Over the next few months you will most likely find myself and
> my lady, Michelle, at dance practice (something my lady and I would
> like to do together), scribal guild meetings (something I've
> been itching to try my hand at), and fencing practice (I haven't
> fenced in a couple of years, but wouldn't mind knocking the rust
> off).  My work schedule currently precludes my participation in
> fencing practice on Sundays at the Washington Blvd. site, however I
> heard there is a fencing practice on Tuesdays as well?  Can someone be
> so kind as to provide me with some additional information as to where
> and when these take place?

All of the base information for practices is on the meetings page -
http://www.debatablelands.org/meetings.html - and emailing the relevant
gentles responsible for those activities usually gets a fairly prompt
response.

Information on locations, times, contact info, &c for all local martial
practices are online on the Baronial Marshallate web page -
http://www.dementia.org/~djl/sca/bmdl/marshal/marshal.html  I don't
think there is currently a Tuesday night fencing practice, but if
there's enough interest, I'm sure that Lord Charles - the baronial
Captain of Fence - will do everything in his power to start it up
again, at least until it's too dark / cold to do so.

> I am also very interested in getting into costuming with a desire to
> make garb that is actually period.  My persona is late 14th, early
> 15th C. French.  I am, at best, a beginning sewer and would welcome
> the advice and assistance of someone within the Barony that may be
> willing to lend their expertise and advise to someone willing to learn
> the craft.

I don't think that Sewing Circle meets very regularly these days, but
if you contact Mistress Ts'vee'a via the link on the meetings page -
http://www.debatablelands.org/meetings.html - I'm sure she'll help as
much as she can.  In addition, there are many people around here who
are quite knowledegable and I'm sure would be glad to help, though not
necessarily within the specific context of Sewing Circle (scheduling
conflicts can be a bear)

> I am sure I speak for my lady as well when i say that we look forward
> to meeting the good people of this area and sharing our interest in
> the middle ages with you all.
>
> In Service to the Dream,
>
> Lord Guillaume Jean-Pierre de Mortain

Sir Koredono

P.S.  If any of the recent immigrants to the Debatable Lands have any
SCA awards, and/or passed names / arms, please let me know, so I can
better fulfill my duties as kingdom Precedence Clerk.