[SCA-BMDL] OT: Yarn store

muirgens at aol.com muirgens at aol.com
Fri Apr 11 15:27:30 EDT 2008

Hi, all:

Disclaimer:? I am not?a knitter/ lacemaker/ textile spinner... so my perception of a "good" yarn store should be understood in that context...

However, I did wander into what I think is a good fiber store in what used to be called East Liberty Station (the plaza next to Trader Joe's on Penn Ave in Shadyside/East Liberty).? They had TONS of spun fiber in the form of lace making yarn, up to chunky yarns in every shade of the rainbow.?They also had organic yarn products, cleaned and carded wool and other fibers (alpaca?) for spinning along with several equipment options for the task (wheels, spindles, etc.).

It seemed like the kind of place those inclined towards textiles and string (both in and out of the SCA) would love and should know about.? The store was called Natural Stitches and I think may be the same owner as was in Squirrell HIll years ago.? They seem to have been in the new locale for a few months, so maybe this is old news to those in the knitting know. Anyway, I thought I'd pass it along!?

Morgen