[SCA-BMDL] possibly OT - List of potential sites?

Sir Koredono koredono at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 15:20:20 EST 2007

On Nov 29, 2007, at 2:21 PM, muirgens at aol.com wrote:

> Someone on the Highland Park neighborhood listserve recently asked for
> suggestions on affordable rented spaces for a birthday party.  He got
> a bunch of possibilities and made a list of them.  Given that we are
> often "challenged" to find event sites, I thougt I'd pass along the
> list for those of you who autocrat.  Many of them are (of course) in
> Highland Park/East Liberty so parking may be an issue.  On the plus
> side, these sites are more easily accessed by bus.   I edited out some
> that probably aren't appropriate for our purposes (the zoo, a local
> restaurant, etc.) Anyway, here's the list.
>
>  Morgen

[snip]

> St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Cathedral (Dithridge St. in Oakland)
> Has a large hall and a smaller hall (probably kitchen space as well)

Given that the have the Greek Food Festival every May, which is always
packed, I suspect they have a pretty good kitchen.  They also (IIRC)
have their own parking lot, which could be used for either outdoor
tourney space, or (gasp!) an actual parking lot, which given how tough
parking in Oakland can be might be very important.

> 412-682-3866 (ask for Janine)

Koredono