[SCA-BMDL] Niche events or "Why is Purim so popular?"

Robert Smith alaric at pobox.com
Fri Mar 2 17:11:31 EST 2007

Hi All,

Small specialized events tend to be more relaxed and less "full" than
the more generic Event(TM).  I like them because I typically have a
chance to socialize and also to learn neat stuff that I might not be
able to at the Event(TM).

It's interesting, though, that huge events (ie, Pennsic) can combine
the best of the Event(TM) and the specialized event.  One can ignore
a good chunk of it and still focus in on a specific area, if you so
desire.  There's also the opportunity to socialize, not just with
locals, but with friends from around the world.

Another thing that might also be drawing to Purim is the Castle :).

Alaric
(currently waiting for my flight back home)