[SCA-BMDL] Baronial Petition - Please read

Raven hraefnn at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 15:29:45 EDT 2007

Unto the Populace of the Barony-Marche of the
Debatable Lands does Hrefna in heppna send greetings!

The Baronial Petition to make Lord Byron and Lady
Ariella our next baron and baroness will be that
Barony meeting on Wednesday and at AEthelmearc Tenth
year.  Unlike previous Baronial Petitions, this one
will have wax seals with signatures on the back.

To prepare for the seals, please read the Q&A below.
If you have any further questions, please email me on
this list.  Other people probably have the same
question.

In service,
Hrefna

------------------------

Q: How will this work?

A: Where previously members of the barony signed their
names to the document, this time barony members will
sign a small piece of paper. The scribe will then
affixed to a wax seal in a period manner to the back
of the paper and to a string hanging from the
petition.

NOTE: Barony members are encouraged to "share" seals,
i.e. multiple people should sign each piece of paper.

Q: Can my seal substitute for my signature?