[SCA-BMDL] Bad publicity (not)

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 13 12:44:29 EST 2007

I disagree.  The SCA is much better known these days than it used to be (when I tell mundanes I'm involved, there is a light of recognition now that was not there 20 years ago).  None of the people quoted said anything outrageous, and several pointed out the educational benefits of the SCA.

  We've had a whole lot worse than this, and few better.

  Arianna

Cara and Char <caram at imap.pitt.edu> wrote:
  http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070113/ap_on_re_us/medieval_re_enactors

In my opinion, this is bad publicity. Even if you agree with the SCAdians
who are quoted, most of them come across as looney (except Viscount Sir
Edward and the Simmons College student, who both managed to get some decent
quotes in).

--Byron

Karen Kasper

"I told myself that acts of folly are the only things that one doesn't regret in life." - Jean-Paul Guyot

"I believe in the indomitable human spirit and the amazing capacity we have for understanding the world; for love, joy and happiness."  - Michael Shermer