[SCA-BMDL] 12th Night Baroness' Bardic Competition

Alonzio a1onzio at bellatlantic.net
Tue Jan 2 17:09:41 EST 2007

Greetings to all,
This Sunday we will be celebrating our local 12 night with all of its usual
fun and grand traditions.  Along with the festivities the traditional
selection of a new baronial bardic champion shall take place.  This year the
requested theme is holiday merriment or things that come in two's.  It is
your choice of how to tackle either or both themes.  Each potential champion
should prepare 2 entries.  Each entry may be no longer than 5 minutes.
There will be 2 separate rounds to present each entry in full.

We really do encourage all members of the barony to come listen to our
performing artisans.  This year the audience  shall be asked to vote at the
end of each round for a champion.  You may bring your own tokens to place in
the "ballot" bag of each bard or you may use ones that will be provided.  At
the end of the competition the tokens will be tallied in secret and
announcements of the populous champion and the baroness' champion will be
announced at court.  It may be one and the same bard or it may not.

Cheers!
Baroness Tatyana