[SCA-BMDL] Purim Event in Trib?

Ruth Morrisson myfanwy at nauticom.net
Tue Feb 13 20:42:34 EST 2007

Greetings from Myfanwy!
I have been reading this thread with a lot of interest (especially in
connection with the one on the Æthelmearc list regarding new people).
Ironically, a newspaper blurb was how I actually found the SCA in the
first place -- I just showed up, spent the afternoon talking to people
here and there, and kept thinking "wow, this is really cool -- these
are the people who do the medieval banquets!"  One of the people I
talked to there got me into the feast, arranged for garb and feast
gear, and brought me a piece of pheasant from his table (advanced
reservation only) so I could try it.  The rest, as they say, is
history.  :-)
The difference was, the day site was in a public park, not in someone's
private home; moreover, nobody's personal information (like phone
numbers -- no one had personal email back then) was printed in the
press release.

Lady Myfanwy ferch Rhiannon
Ruth Morrisson
myfanwy at nauticom.net