[SCA-BMDL] Purim Event in Trib?

Cara and Char caram at imap.pitt.edu
Tue Feb 13 16:23:03 EST 2007

>I think that what might need to be addressed is to what extend should one
> prefer for the baronial website to be searchable via a newspaper's search
> feature. JMO, of course.

Aha!  Let me clarify!

This was not an example of a search engine finding the baronial web site.
Rather, the event announcement was re-written and included in a features
section of the Tribune-Review.

Thus, I don't feel that adding security to the baronial web site would be
necessary.

>I just tried to visit the Trib online page in question, and saw the
>wine tasting, etc, but not the Purim event, so perhaps it has been
>pulled.

That's correct.  It has been removed, and apparently a retraction will be
published tomorrrow.

Edmundo, I agree with everything that you said about "public" vs.
"non-public", but I don't want my address to be all over the mundane
internet (all over the SCA is perfectly fine).  "Open to the public" is not
the same as "advertised to the public".  Perhaps our web site should include
a caveat that "the content herein is intended for the use of members of the
Society for Creative Anachronism", because that isn't nasty or restrictive,
but it might give a non-SCAdian pause before just showing up.  Maybe also
include "for more information about the SCA and the BMDL, contact the
Chatelaine at..."  I also liked the "may not be republished without
contacting us" idea.

--Char