[SCA-BMDL] Purim Event in Trib?

Pam Bolkovac pmb_pa at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 13 15:05:48 EST 2007

--- Philip Edward Lewis <flip+ at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> Edmund LoPresti <edlopresti at earthlink.net> writes:
> >However, I'm a bit taken aback by the implication
> that the event is
> >not open to the public.  Aren't all official events
> effectively open
> >to the public, within some fairly typical
> constraints (entrance fee,
>
> Thanks Edmund, for stating what i hadn't yet had
> time to write.

Yes, all events are "open to the public."  However, we
don't normally  advertise the event in a newspaper
and, as you stated, there are constraints that
attendees much make an attempt to adhere to.  None of
this came through in what was published in the Trib.
The announcement reads as if people can just show up
and wander around.

The real issue is not whether or not the event is open
to the public but that the Trib published an
incorrectly summarize event annoucement without
contacting anyone involved to get their approval.

> >we might want to have some standard boilerplate
> language to add to
> >event announcements when they are posted to the
> web.

I agree.  There should also be a strong statement
about  not reprinting in whole or part with out
contacting the  seneschale.

Cassandra