[SCA-BMDL] Baronial Elections

Clemente de Warrewyk warrewyk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 12:16:23 EDT 2007

Greetings from Clemente and Helewys,

We were fortunate enough to find this great Barony in 2005.  While some
may see us as still fairly new to the Barony, we are by no means new to
Life, and have demonstrated our competence, responsibility,
organizational skills, and enthusiasm in any number of ways.  Almost
right from the start we've been involved with the Barony in some
capacity.  Helewys serves as the Barony's Recording Secretary and
Chatelaine.  Clemente has been involved in a number of capacities, from
last year's emergency-last-minute-stand-in as the BMDL Pennsic Camp's
land agent, to this year's official land agent, to Webminister.  Both of
us have been involved in many different activities, and tend to find
ourselves pitching in at many local events.  Many of you have no doubt
seen Helewys demonstrating her multitasking abilities by knitting while
simultaneously participating in any number of other activities like
retaining for Baroness Tatyana, singing in the Debatable Choir, or going
to dance practice.  Clemente might be most recognizable as Pantalone
from I Genesii, but has also dabbled in the scribal arts, pewter
casting, autocratting, and dance.  We both are interested in archery and
look forward to participating in that as the weather improves.

We intend to represent all gentles in the local populace and encourage
participation in every aspect of the Barony.  By way of doing this, we
plan to stop in on all of the regular meetings and practices on a
rotating basis.  We would also like to foster a greater sense of
community within the Barony.  While each of the many individual guilds
and activities are strong and active in their own right, we've noticed
that there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of cross-participation.  We'd
like to use the positions of Baron and Baroness to build bridges between
the Barony's various groups and in doing so, build a greater sense of
community and belonging in the Barony as a whole.  And while we feel a
strong sense of duty to represent the Barony well to the Kingdom and
Society at large, we also feel compelled to try to foster an environment
locally where everyone, and most especially newcomers, feels welcome to
participate.

In service,
Clemente and Helewys