[SCA-BMDL] Attention all archers!!!!

Urho Waltterinen crossbow1953 at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 31 18:06:33 EST 2006

Our new Archery Champion, THL Caleb Reynolds, has challenged all the archers of the kingdom to participate in the Winter Royal Challenge. A couple of weeks ago we shot at sme "different" targets - a miniature five-color target, wands, and bulls-eye. This was just practice. This competition is specifically intended to be an indoor shoot, but for the first one we'll be outdoors. On Sunday Nov 12th with a weather date of the 19th, I would like everyone to try and submit a score. It's twice the length of the traditional Royal Round, but it's something we all can do. Awards will be issued in each bow form, novice, and junior archers. As many scores as you can shoot over the winter will be recorded and the winners announced at War Practice.

The rounds are:
2 Target rounds at the 40cm target (our regular targer is 60cm)
2 Timed target rounds at the 40 cm target
2 Wand rounds (a "slot" shoot)
2 Bull's eye rounds (a "wreath" shoot)

These will be shot at twenty yards.

Caleb has approved my suggestion that we allow junior archers to shoot the rounds at ten yards.

I invite all of our archers to come out to these practices and shoot a round with us.

Urho Waltterinen
mka Eugene Siren
crossbow1953 at earthlink.net
(412) 247-4467

"If sack and sugar be a fault, God help the wicked."