[SCA-BMDL] Archert good news!!!

Ruth Morrisson myfanwy at nauticom.net
Fri Oct 6 15:27:03 EDT 2006

Greetings from Myfanwy!
Years ago, archery was held in the old ROTC pistol range in the
basement of Margaret Morrison Hall at CMU.  One night, when we were
coming out of archery practice, Alastar and I got accosted by a CMU cop
for carrying "dangerous weapons" -- *unstrung* bows -- around campus,
and she wouldn't believe that we had just come out of practice.  [Well,
I guess we *could* have hit someone over the head with them, but of
course that would have damaged the bows.  :-) ]
Alastar, as CS Dept. staff, and Seabhac (the then Cour d'Or seneschale)
spent a good chunk of the next day trying to track down who had
jurisdiction over the ROTC range (when they talked to the head of
campus police, he apparently rolled his eyes and said something like
"Oh, Ms Rambo!").  The final outcome (after they had gone full circle,
was to be told by ROTC "Oh, if we actually have jurisdiction over the
range, then sure, you guys can use it, no problem!"