[SCA-BMDL] Cooking Night at Odriana's

Jennifer Strobel bradley2 at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Nov 9 13:00:59 EST 2006

It has been a while since I've had one of these, and it's time I did it
again.

So, on Friday, December 1st, at my home in Hampton Township, the
schedule is:

6:30 p.m. - Dinner.  Bring a side dish to share.
7:30 p.m. - Cooking!
10:30 p.m. - I send people home (this is a soft end time, so don't worry
if we're running late or something)

First of all, I realize that this conflicts with the usual First Friday
scribal and games at Arianna's.  I have very little time in the evenings
anymore and December 1st was free for me to do this.  If there are
enough people that would not be able to make this because of that
conflict, let me know and we can see about getting you the notes and
information that comes out of this.  I try to not overlap when I can,
but sometimes it is unavoidable.

My plan is to cover two things:

1. Talking about kitchen management and offering tips and suggestions on
how to structure that for the greatest amount of success.  I am not the
expert, so if you have experience in this field, please come and share
your stories, or email them to me to share that evening.

2. Redacting two recipes out of Het eerste gedrukte Nederlandsche
kookboek.  Written in Brussels by Thomas vander Noot around 1510.
(located in English at
http://users.pandora.be/willy.vancammeren/NBC/nbc_recipeslist.htm).  If
one of the recipes on the website sounds particularly nifty to you, send
me email and we'll do that.  Otherwise, I'll decide based on what looks
good at the Giant Eagle the previous night.

So, come and join me for messing about in the kitchen.

Odriana vander Brugghe

p.s. Just so you have a long-term
-----
-Frank Zappa