[SCA-BMDL] Retainer Thank You!

Alonzio a1onzio at bellatlantic.net
Sun May 21 21:11:28 EDT 2006

Hello all,
We both hope you had a marvelous War Practice despite the occasional bits of
foul weather falling from the sky.  At least it wasn't a tornado.  We three
had a lovely time and it was grand to see so many familiar smiling faces.  I
would like to thank Arabella for gathering such a competent and cheerful
retainer staff and an equal number of back up folk that also checked on us
periodically.  Hilda gets extra hugs for helping out at the troll booth and
keeping the lines moving and still sending Helewys to check on us.  For her
first time ever at volunteering to retain, Helewys spent many hours with me
and little Yvette.  Helewys rescued me from having to wear soggy boots.  She
also happily taught Yvette to yell "go Da, go" when we were out on the field
during the battles.  Fredeburg helped me spend money in the merchant area,
but it was for a good cause, her birthday.  Catriona got the fog out of my
brain while Yvette napped.  Charles and Roana were also another welcomed
shift change late in the afternoon. They arrived with good beverages in hand
to share!  The amazing Ariella had the last shift of the day and it is
always a joy to spend time with her. Alana was available too as a back up
person in case others could not make it and that was very kind of her.  Zoe
and Andreas also really amazed me that they were on the list to help out
since they just got married the day before and could have been considered on
their "honeymoon".  Ian and Raven lit our way with gorgeous lanterns and
good company each evening and morning.  We also would like to thank all of
our BMDL folk that helped to retain or guard for Their Majesties.  This too
created yet another reason to feel proud of this grand barony.
Thank you all for your assistance!
Baroness Tatyana and Baron Alonzio