[SCA-BMDL] Fwd: KC - Fwd: A Passing

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 11 07:14:47 EST 2006

Though it has been many years and few now living in the Barony-Marche may realize it, Mistress Roen began her SCA career here in the Debatable Lands as a very young woman in the late 1970s.  Back then she was called Charolette of the Misty Hills. She was best known as a costumer and lace maker (for which she received her Laurel after moving to the the east coast), but also for her sense of humor and fun.  She was an autocrat, officer, and most of all a teacher of the arts.  Her beauty, grace, energy and mischievous smile will be greatly missed.

  My condolences to her family and friends.

  Arianna

Raven <hraefnn at yahoo.com> wrote:
  > >> Dear SCA friends:
> >>
> >> It is with sorrow that I report that Mistress
> Roen Marie de Lacy,
> >> called La Dentelleire, Baroness of the Court,
> Silver Crescent,
> >> Maunch, and a host of baronial awards in three
> Kingdoms, passed
> >> from this life at 10:00am on Thursday, March 9th,
> 2006, after a
> >> four and one-half year battle with breast cancer.
> >>
> >> She is survived by her husband, Sir Emeric
> Wendel, called the
> >> Diversified, and her son, Lord Basil de Lacy,
> aged 14.
> >>
> >> A memorial service honoring her life will be held
> at the Unitarian
> >> Universalist Community Church of SouthWest
> Michigan, 10441 Shaver
> >> Rd., Portage, Michigan, at 7:30pm on Saturday,
> March 25th.
> >>
> >> A memorial web page with further details is
> available at http://
> >> westmere.us/roen/roen.htm.
> >>

> >> Please cross post this to any lists or persons
> you see fit.
> >>
> >> In Service,
> >> Emeric Wendel, Knight of the Society

Karen Kasper

"Only the educated are free."  Epictetus (55 AD - 135 AD), Discourses

"Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."  Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990), in Forbes Magazine