[SCA-BMDL] Royal Challenge Thank you's

thomas_lestrange at adelphia.net thomas_lestrange at adelphia.net
Tue Jun 27 11:30:34 EDT 2006

I wanted to take a quick minute (not really quick I get long winded) to thank all of those people who came together to make my first tour of duty as an autocrat a truly wonderful experience. Many people told me I did a good job, but without all of the help and support I received from so so many people, I would never have been able to pull it together. I honestly was only one piece of a very large puzzle.
First and foremost I want to thank Their Majesties supporting me, embracing the idea and letting me take off and run with it. Their Highnesses for also being so supportive and jumping right in on the whole idea as well.
Second, I really want to thank my amazing Lady Esa for all of her help throughout this process. She really helped me stay sane and focused and helped on so many different things it was awesome. The folks of Gryffyns Keep really stepped up to the challenge of the event and were an unbelievable amount of help. Some folks took on energizer bunny status with the amount of work they did. Moire, Rastaslav, Gwilym, Bran, Niamh, Siobhan, Catalina, and Greg. Literally almost everyone in the shire helped at some point or another. Thank you Raif, Calum, Trinity, Morgan (PR / Herald extraordinaire), Maeglin, Karl, Bors, Amelia, and Rowan for all you did.
I think our day was also made truly memorable by two amazing Cooks (I should say Chefs). Alastar doing lunch and Tomasia doing feast, both delivered spectacular food and I don’t think anyone went away hungry.  Johannes was my savor on Saturday handing much needed nourishment, just in time to fill the tank and let me finish the day. I heard nothing but rave reviews on both meals all the way around. Two other very important notes, In addition to not only helping all day in the kitchen, Kunetil Bogenschutz was also one of the energizer bunnies who made it hard to find things to do (before he got to them) and thank you so much to Russell and Sheryl Wilson, who spent all day at their first event helping in the kitchen to cook and prepare all of that wonderful food I enjoyed so much.
Thanks also to all of the marshals who were so kind to donate of their time. Sir Graedwyn, Meg the Mad, Master Gwilym, Laochlain, Aidan, and our last minute go to girl, Zoe. Also none of us would probably be able to keep it all straight without our beloved Mol’s who helped out on the day, Thank you to Esa, Amelia, Ailleann, and Karana for helping throughout the day.
There were many folks behind the scenes who really went out of there way to help. Everyone from Alric who drove many many miles to get me a torch for the torch-lit tourney only to have mother nature squash it on Friday night to the folks of Steltonwald loaning me their walkie talkies to help me keep my sanity . Also thank you to the fine folks of Kings Crossing, Baron Langdon of the Old Barons Rest Home and Bran and Niamh for loaning me use of their tents for the day. They were very much needed and appreciated. Thanks a ton to my nephew Mitch for getting me the tables and chairs as well as to Zoe for use of not only her tables and chairs, but for taking a mountain of stuff home for me on Sunday.
I’m sure there are many folks who I am forgetting to thank ( I am truly sorry), but mostly I want to thank all of you that came out to support us. Many people drove great distances to attend. We had a great turnout, tons of fun, and none of that would have been possible if you all wouldn’t have traveled to be there. Thank you one and all. I sincerely hope everyone had a great time. Take care.
Yours in Service
Lord Thomas LestrangeLord Thomas Lestrange