[SCA-BMDL] July 27th Informational Meeting regarding the BMDL and the WV Northern Panhandle Counties

Monica Gaudio rani23 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 22 21:56:18 EDT 2006

Greetings from Lady Illadore de Bedegrayne, Seneschal of the Barony
Marche of the Debatable Lands!

As you may know, the northern panhandle of West Virginia, including the
Counties of Brooke, Hancock, Ohio and Marshall, does not belong to any
recognized group in the Society of Creative Anachronism. Several SCA
members who live in those unclaimed counties have approached either me
or the Baron or Baroness of the Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands,
Alonzio and Tatyana, about the having those counties become part of our
Barony.

I am writing this day to ask for opinions on the idea of the WV Northern
Panhandle joining the BMDL. We would especially like to hear the
thoughts and opinions of the members who are residents of the northern
panhandle of West Virginia.

We are having an informational meeting on July 27th at 7:30 PM at the
Brooke County Library, located at 945 Main Street, Wellsburg 26070
-(304) 737-1551. Directions: Make your best way to WV Route 2 to
Wellsburg. Turn south on 10th street. (From the north, turn right, from
the south, turn left.) Go three blocks and turn left onto Main Street.
The library is right on the corner.  If you wish for information on the
meeting, please contact me at the number below.

The date and time were not included in the letter going to the Aestel as
we were unable to get a date before the deadline. Please feel free to
forward this missive to any and all lists.

I am also available to discuss this in more detail if you wish to
contact me directly. My number is: 724-743-4542 and my email address is
rani23 at comcast.net. You can also contact Their Excellencies directly at:
a1onzio at bellatlantic.net or by calling them at: (412) 826-0461.

Their Excellencies and I will be at the following upcoming events and
meetings if you wish to speak to us in person: Their Majesty's Royal
Challenge, War College, Pennsic and BMDL Barony meetings.

Please feel free to contact us. We are very interested in hearing your
opinion.

Thank you!

Lady Illadore de Bedegrayne
Seneschal, BMDL