[SCA-BMDL] Announcement: Dance And Romance

Jaime Boyden mebh_ingen_dubhgall at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 17:31:24 EST 2006

Come and put a spring in your step before the snows
melt! On February 11th, 2006, the Barony-Marche of the
Debatable Lands will be hosting the Dance and Romance
Ball at the Pitt Student Union Ballroom (3959 Fifth
Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15260) from 2pm to 10pm.

Dance lessons will take place earlier in the
afternoon, and a courtly ball will be held in the
evening. Games will be played and other fun, romantic
activities are planned.

There will be an all-day potluck sideboard, featuring
a special dessert table by the BMDL Cooks Guild. If
you would like to contribute to the potluck, please
contact Vrouwe Odriana vander Brugghe (Jennifer
Strobel, (412) 486-0566 [no calls before 9am or after
9pm please], odriana (at) gmail (dot) com).

This event is FREE. Yes, folks, free of charge and the
NMS does not apply, so come dance to your heart's
content. If you have any questions, contact the
autocrat, Mebh ingen Dubhgall (Jaime Boyden, 212 Clay
St, Pittsburgh, PA 15215, (412) 527-9161 [after 3pm
please] or mebh_ingen_dubhgall (at) yahoo (dot) com).

The University of Pittsburgh Student Union is directly
across Bigelow Blvd from the Cathedral of Learning.

Directions:

... from the East: Cars traveling from the east via
the Pennsylvania Turnpike (I-76) should take Exit 57
to I-376 West. From I-376 (the "Parkway East") take
Exit 3A (Glenwood) onto Bates Street. Stay on Bates
until it ends at Bouquet Street. Turn left onto
Bouquet, then right at the first light onto Forbes
Avenue.

... from the West: Cars traveling from the west via
the Pennsylvania Turnpike (I-76) should take Exit 28
and follow I-79 South to I-279 South. (You exit to the
left off of I-79.) Follow 279 into Downtown Pittsburgh
and take the I-376 (Monroeville) exit. Follow I-376 to
Exit 3B (Oakland). Forbes Avenue then leads right into
the Pitt campus.

... from the North: Take I-79 South to I-279 South.
(You exit to the left off I-79.) Follow I-279 into the
city, to the I-376 Monroeville Exit. Follow I-376 to
Exit 3B (Oakland). Forbes Avenue then leads right into
the Pitt campus.

... from the South, including Pittsburgh International
Airport: Follow I-79 North to the exit for I-279
North. Take I-279 through the Fort Pitt Tunnels and
across the bridge to the I-376 Monroeville Exit (first
exit on the right). Follow I-376 to Exit 3B (Oakland).
Forbes Avenue leads into the Pitt campus.

A tentative schedule (which needs some tweaking as of
yet) is posted at

http://www.angelfire.com/anime2/ynylttmw/Event_Schedule.htm

Note that this is a tentative schedule.  I still have
to make arrangements as to court and other details.

Hope to see you all there!

~Mebh ingen Dubhgall
mka Jaime Boyden