[SCA-BMDL] Gaming & scribal arts on First Fridays

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 23:17:42 EST 2006

Starting this Friday, I will be hosting evenings of scribal arts and
gaming at my home from 7:30 pm to 10:00 pm on the first Friday of each
month.

Gaming is for my children, Robert and Kenneth, who are 6 and 9 and like
to play board games like Settlers of Catan or History of the World, or
miniatures with Pirates of the Spanish Main, or various Icehouse games,
or card games like Magic or Galactic Empires, or really almost
anything.  While they are young, they have been gaming for a long time
with Johan and can play at or near adult level in many games.  I am not
a gamer so they keenly miss having someone to play board games with.
If we get enough people, there is room for multiple game sessions.  You
are welcome to bring games if you wish, but we have over 150 board and
card games in the house so there are plenty to choose from.

Scribal arts are for me, since I would like to get back into
calligraphy and illumination after a long hiatus.  Experienced scribes
are welcome to bring a project; new scribes can receive instruction,
and my fairly extensive library of art books is available for perusal
and consultation.  Beginners are very welcome!

My address is 716 North Saint Clair Street in East Liberty,  Email or
call me at 412-361-6191 if you have questions or need directions.

RSVP is appreciated but not necessary.

I hope to see some of you soon!

Arianna

Karen Kasper

"Only the educated are free."  Epictetus (55 AD - 135 AD), Discourses

"Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."  Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990), in Forbes Magazine