[SCA-BMDL] Electronic Althings?

Raven hraefnn at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 14 11:23:59 EST 2006

Hi all,

I am investigating the possibility of placing the
Althing online.  Since this will require a certain
amount of effort, I want to see if people are
interested first.  Please email me either on or off
list with your opinions on the subject.

Specifically I'd like to know:

- If given the option between an online version and a
print version of the Althing, which would you
subscribe to?

- If you are interested in an online version, would
you rather
   . look at a website
   . receive a large (1 MB+) pdf in your email
   . go to a website to find the pdf
   . join a yahoo group (or something similar) that
can share files
   . receive the Althing through another method
(please specify)

-  If you currently have a subscription, would you
want to receive the Althing both online and on paper?
Would you be likely to covert your subscription to
"online only"?

- If you don't currently have a subscription, would
you want to get an online subscription?

- Other opinions and thoughts

Corporate law states that newsletters that charge for
paper versions must also charge for online versions,
but the fees need not be the same.  This is just one
of the issues that would surround the Althing going
online.

Please let me know what you think and if this idea is
worth pursuing.

Hrefna

And this above all to thine own self be true.
                                - Shakespeare, "Hamlet"