[SCA-BMDL] Animal Activities - KW Hunt Guild

Pavla de la Satu Mare pavla at zoominternet.net
Sun Oct 30 10:11:19 EST 2005

Warm Greetings to All the Members of the List;

It has been some time since we last conversed, so please forgive me if this
gets a bit long.

Within Aethelmearc, Animal classes at events are offered in greater numbers
and more diversity. Our Equestrians are making a wonderful reappearance with
Jousting as a new activity. We just had a new Falconry Laurel this past
season. Coursing is just starting to become a readily occurring activity.
Our Kingdom Pack has inducted new members, a few are non-sight hounds. Our
current season is ending with a Horses Hawks and Hounds event. Many changes,
many things going on.

Animal Activities are surging to new heights!  In seeing the growth of these
activities and being they are near and dear to my own heart; I would like to
Introduce (reintroduce to some) the:

The  Known-World Hunt Guild

“The  ultimate goal is to  help focus people on a big part of Everyday Life
in our  Period: animals and hunting . Research on Period Hunting Techniques
for Persona Development and personal knowledge is highly encouraged. We also
urge the acquisition of those skills that would be used by those
individuals, from spear handling to trap and net making.  We include all
manner of huntsmen; Archers, Equestrians, Thrown Weaponry, Hounds-men,
Falconers, Fishermen etc.  Individual Kingdoms are invited to form their own
Chapters of the Hunt Guild. “

So we are introducing/ reintroducing our attempt to bring this concept to
Aethelmearc.  Right now creating a presence and getting the word out that
this type of group exists is our main goal. We have a sun shade, tables,
comfortable seating, library, banners and always food to share,,,, all
within our traveling Hunt Lodge. We hope to make this a social place, a
meeting place, and a place to learn. So if you see us, please come over and
say hello!

Our more immediate goals;
1. Provide a social, meeting, class space at events.
2. Provide education at events ( classes, practice, traveling library)
3. Create camaraderie and develop ties with related activities ( Archers,
Thrown Weapons, Coursers, Earthers, Fishers, Equestrians, Falconers,,, etc.)
4. Develop an understanding of the needs and desires this Kingdom has for a
Hunt Guild.

Our Kingdom does not have any formal Persona activities that we are aware
of, so this may be a little daunting.  While we sincerely desire to stress
persona, historical accuracy and research, above all, participation and
enjoyment are the factors that will determine if this Activity/Guild will
thrive.

We hope to build participation, gather input from participants and then
determine what formal offering as to official status needs to be made. We
believe a guild that had been prematurely made will languish, we truly want
this to be successful.

If anyone is interested in this type of activity or teaching a related skill
to the members of the Hunt, Please see the link to the AE_Hunt email list
below. Feel free to forward this to anyone/ any group who may be interested
in this type of activity.

Gratefully,
Pavla de la Satu Mare
Hunt Guild Kingdom Contact - Aethelmearc

Aethelmearc Hunt Elist
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AE_Hunt/

THE  KNOWN-WORLD HUNT GUILD
http://donwenna.homestead.com/HUNT_GUILD.html