[SCA-BMDL] Johan's condition

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 23:49:02 EDT 2005

Thank you to everyone who has expressed concern about Johan.

As Hrefna said, his long term prognosis is good, but for now he has a
lot of healing to do.  He fell about 20 feet onto a gravel surface
after a railing gave way.  He has numerous broken bones but he has been
conscious and lucid (except when they gave him heavy-duty painkillers)
and can move all of his fingers and toes appropriately, so there
appears to be no spinal damage.

He is currently in the ICU at Allegheny General Hospital where he
cannot have non-family visitors.  I'll let you people know if/when that
changes.

Fortunately, I am between projects at work and have been working from
home.  My wonderful boss has told me not to worry about work for as
long as I need, so I can take care of getting the kids to and from
school and such.  However, I greatly appreciate all of the offers of
help.

Thanks so much to Leifr and Hrefna for taking care of Kenneth and
Robert today while I was at the hospital with Johan, and thanks to Sir
Christopher (aka Dr. Chadd Nesbit), who works at Allegheny General, for
stopping by the emergency room to check on Johan.

Arianna

Karen Kasper

"Only the educated are free."  Epictetus (55 AD - 135 AD), Discourses

"Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."  Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990), in Forbes Magazine