Fw: [SCA-BMDL] Many thanks for. . .

Cara and Char caram at imap.pitt.edu
Mon Nov 21 20:52:34 EST 2005

So this is the true story, as Sir Graedwyn (who is known for his modesty)
chooses to rough it out.  However, one could add some more absolutely true
details.
Ninety strong youths gathered to watch fighters battle at Sarah Heinz House.
After watching for over half an hour, without swinging swords yet, their
eagernes (fervor, really) had reached berzerker levels.  Sir Graedwyn, never
tiring, met the onslaught with his scarred shield of many battles.  After
countless blows, each struck with all the youth's might, the shield's edge
began to splinter and crack.  The enlarging hole in the shield spurred the
youths to attack Sir Graedwyn with even greater fury.  The site of the
battle was littered with splinters of the knight's shield.  His Highness of
Aethelmearc, Sir Malcom, viewing the knight's courageous battle, gathered a
splinter of the shield to save for a reliquary.

In Service,
Ariella