[SCA-BMDL] January 14-16 renovation session at Arianna's

Karen Kasper arianna_wyn at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 21 10:24:34 EST 2005

Several people have asked about helping with the incomplete renovations
at my house.  I have been humbled by everyone's generosity, grateful to
have such wonderful friends, and happy to take people up on their
offers!

I will be holding a weekend of work sessions on January 14-16 (that's
ML King weekend, for those who are lucky enough to have the day off
work).  We'll start around 10 am each day and quit whenever people get
tired.  If you would like to help out, you can come on any of the three
days.

I am asking for help smearing joint compound on the walls of the 3rd
floor family room.  This does not require a lot of skill or experience.
 It does require several ladders, as that room has a cathedral ceiling,
though there will also be areas low to the floor.  I have one 4 ft.
ladder, one 6 ft. ladder and one extension ladder, but one or two
additional tall ladders would probably help.  I have lots and lots of
drywall knives, so you don't need to bring any, and of course I will
provide the buckets of joint compound.  Here's a tentative schedule:

-- Saturday, Jan. 14 - move furniture out of 3rd floor family room and
begin texturing walls with joint compound
-- Sunday, Jan. 15 - continue texturing walls with joint compound,
including second coats on previous day's walls where necessary
-- Monday, Jan. 16 - if required, final coats of joint compound in
unfinished areas.  If all walls are done being textured, we'll prime
the walls.

The painting will be done later, probably by a different group, because
I don't see us getting that much done in one weekend.

RSVP is appreciated but not necessary.  Refreshments (probably
including pizza, chips and pop because junk food is the manna of
construction crews) will be provided.

Thank you for all your caring and support.

Arianna

Karen Kasper

"Only the educated are free."  Epictetus (55 AD - 135 AD), Discourses

"Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."  Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990), in Forbes Magazine