[SCA-BMDL] Santa Claus project

Tessa the Huntress tessathehuntress at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 13 20:17:31 EST 2005

Greetings!

I'm certain some of you have already seen my posts about this on the Kingdom
list.  For those of you who haven't.. There was a project started to help
the children of those Scadians that lost everything (or almost everything)
in the hurricanes.  This was specifically, to help make certain those
children get some Christmas gifts, since their parents may not be in a
situation to do so.  If anyone would like to see the letters that they wrote
to "santa", just let me know and I'll send them to you.

I had originally thought that we could sponsor one child, but I found out
one of the other "project Santa Claus children" was his brother and as of
this point had a pair of tennis shoes and some mystery amount gift card
going to him.  So, I was hoping that we could sponsor both of them.  Several
people have already stepped forward and offered their help.

I wanted to post this email in case there were others who would like to
help.  I'll post below a list of what things we can still use help with.
Malcolm will be going to the Baronial meeting tomorrow, if anyone had
anything that they would like to donate.  Thanks very much for all of the
help :)

The children are 11 and 12 and both are boys. We could still use the
following for the 1st child(Pant size 16-18, Shirt and Jacket size 16-18,
shoe size 7 1/2) :

an Xbox, I believe this is too much for most of us to afford, so I'm asking
for those of you who can, to contribute $5 to $10 (or what you can afford)
towards this (cash,paypal or walmart gift cards).  We've already gotten $60
towards this.

Also, a Need For Speed Underground Most Wanted game or any racing game for
the Xbox.

A new Hummer 2 remote control car

winter clothing: need shirts, pants

Garb: he needs tunics and other garb, likely a belt or two, a nice pouch.. a
cloak would be nice, too. May need feast gear.. anyone have an extra mug?

Child 2 (Pant size 16-18, shirt and jacket size 16-18, shoe size 8 1/2):

youth fighting equipment: Ansteorra standards:
http://marshal.ansteorra.org/handbook/Section5-Youth.pdf: gloves/half
gauntlets
boffer sword (they use PVC)

winter clothes  I've been told that this size is "very" close to a mens size
small (if that helps). I don't think they normally have snow, so they likely
just need warm clothing..
shirts,pants,a good winter coat,boots

Garb: he needs tunics and other garb, likely a belt or two, a nice pouch.. a
cloak would be nice, too. May need feast gear.. anyone have an extra mug?

We'll also need to ship these items down to them, if anyone wants to help
with the shipping.

for the mom: We are also trying to collect some sewing supplies, since she
lost all of what she had. Someone else is sending her a sewing machine, but
I was hoping that we could either get her a walmart gift card to buy
supplies or that some people would be able to donate some basics (scissors,
thread, chalk, hand needles, thread in assorted colors, fray check, etc).

If anyone has questions or would like to help, please let me know.  Thanks
very much for all of the help.

We already had a number of people offer their help (I've deleted those items
off their wish list):  Mistress Arianna, Odrianna, Kazi, Master Gwilym,
Lochlain, Aileen, Coletta, Mea, Una, Aine, Mistress Margaret, His Highness
Malcolm, Brittany and Juliana.  :)

Thanks again..

Tessa, Princes of AEthelmearc
tessathehuntress at earthlink.net