Nightly Windows builds are available again
bgilbert at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Jul 27 01:32:49 EDT 2022
I'm pleased to announce an update on the OpenSlide Windows builds:
- Builds have been fixed to work correctly with a current MinGW-w64 toolchain.
- All dependencies have been updated.
- The build now runs in a Fedora container image that's refreshed
weekly by GitHub Actions, removing the need to manually install
dependencies on the build machine. Container-based builds should work
both on Linux and on Windows with WSL2.
- Support for building in Cygwin has been removed.
- Nightly builds have been migrated to GitHub Actions and are running again.
The nightly builds are available at:
Please try them out and report problems. If no issues are found, I
plan to release a new official Windows build in the coming weeks.
(Unlike the nightly builds, the official release will still include
OpenSlide 3.4.1, not the Git main branch.)
More information about the openslide-users