Getting the EXACT tilesize of an image

jcupitt at gmail.com jcupitt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 03:06:25 EDT 2019

On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 at 06:00, Martin Weihrauch
<m.weihrauch at smartinmedia.com> wrote:
> Do we have a list of which OpenSlide formats have tiles at all and which don't (or which have e. g. weird overlapping tiles, which wouldn’t perform that way)? If I remember correctly, ndpi of Hamamatsu is tiled, but their VMS is some other weird stuff.

Yes, I think that some slide formats are rather complex internally.

I believe openslide keeps a small tile cache for all formats, and that
the _properties just reads out the tile size for that cache. As a user
of the library, you can (effectively) treat all formats as tiled.

John