Downsampled Read Regions Appear Faded

Matthew Rupp ruppmatt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 19:13:24 EDT 2019

Greetings-

I'm new to this, so bare with me please.

I'm using Python-OpenSlide to work with Aperio SVS scans.

If I'm reading a non-level-0 region, I encounter a phenomenon where the
resulting values display as faded.  Playing around by removing the alpha
channels, it has something to do with them (e.g. the image goes mostly
black).

However, as I shift the location being sampled one pixel at a time in
level-0, the fading goes away, and I'm left with a bright, sharp image my
that target level.  As I continue to move across the level-0 grid, the
image begins to fade again.

What's going on?

Cheers,
Matt