Issues w/ Installing and Using OpenSlide

Manaswitha Edupalli medupall at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Jun 10 10:45:17 EDT 2019

 I have had great difficulty installing and using Openslide. In order to
install:
1) pip install openslide-python
2) I downloaded the binaries for python from https://openslide.org
3) pip install openslides
4) I downloaded the binaries for openSlide, because python is just the
wrapper?

Over the course of this process, I have been encountering the same issue:

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "tiling_filtering.py", line 2, in <module>

    import openslide

  File
"/Users/mae4004/Library/Python/2.7/lib/python/site-packages/openslide/__init__.py",
line 29, in <module>

    from openslide import lowlevel

  File
"/Users/mae4004/Library/Python/2.7/lib/python/site-packages/openslide/lowlevel.py",
line 55, in <module>

    "Is OpenSlide installed?")

ImportError: Couldn't locate OpenSlide dylib.  Is OpenSlide installed?

I did some research, and it says the issue is that OpenSlide is not my
dylib search path. I have no idea how to add it. Im using a Mac OS Mojave V
10.14.2. Any suggestions?

I have tried installing by creating a Conda environment as well and I have
met with the same error. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!