Openslide Python viewer for desktop applications.

MrAr0s . mrar0sgr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 14:11:22 EST 2018

Hello.

I'm a programmer new to Openslide and so far, i have been developing a
desktop application for viewing whole slide images in Java, using the
Openslide Java API. I decided to rebuild the whole application using the
Python bindings since they are more stable, and the Java viewer is a bit
flawed. I studied the Python code, and as far as i can tell, there is no
way to view an image other than using deepzoom through Openseadragon, which
works on browsers. Is there any way of viewing the images on a Python GUI
using the already existing code, just like in Java? And if not, do you have
any guidelines to get me closer to doing so?

Thanks in advance

Aris.